How To Improvise Your Branding on Digital Channels
Updated: Aug 27, 2018
Consumer behaviour has now entirely changed. With the explosion in the number of mobile users and more and more consumers having access to the internet, their buying pattern has dramatically changed. Now, all it takes is a click to choose your competition over you. This is why it is important for your brand to have a good digital presence and nurture brand loyalty across all digital channels.
It might be a challenge for you to build and manage a brand through digital marketing so that your customers always have you in mind whenever they are about to make a buying decision.
Put Your Social Media Profiles On Fire
That’s just another way of saying crush it on all social media platforms you promote your brand on. Just do not focus on Facebook as it is just one of the social channels. You have to decide which channel works best for you to run campaigns. Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Snapchat all have potential. No matter which social platform you choose, just make sure to:
1. Be Consistent: Life on social media never comes to a stop. This is why you need to keep your brand page on social media alive at all times via new posts. Engaging your audience is of importance and this is why you will need to post regularly and also monitor your brand page. For maximum reach learn to use hashtags, as they are the keyword for social platforms.
2. Monitor and improve: Do not fall for the number of likes or followers, the success of your only branding campaigns depend entirely on engagement and shares. Keep a close eye on the number of shares your posts get and the ones that get maximum user engagement. Create more posts around the topics that get most shares and engagement.
3. Be ready for some back-lashing: Social media evidently offers unhappy customers a platform to vent their hearts out. Be ready to deal with criticism, trolling and customer complaints and have proper guidelines to deal with them. Never ever try to just ignore the negative reviews, assure your customers that you are taking the necessary steps to rectify the problems they reported.
Your brand image is not largely associated with your social media presence. Not having one or poorly managed social profiles will negatively affect your brand image causing lower customer engagement. With the right campaigns in place, you can easily build a loyal following on social media.
SEO is still important
Google is known to keep webmasters on their toes with its algorithm updates, however, it is always for the better.
According to SEOEaze, a reputed SEO Company Delhi, “To improve the visibility of your brand website, you need both on-page and off-page SEO tactics. Some brands are seen only indulging in on-page SEO but it lacks in telling search engines about the brand popularity among the digital audience.”
You need off-page SEO for this creating an awareness and indicate your brand popularity to search engines.
Here’s what you can do.
1. Guest posting on authority sites: One of the most popular tricks in the SEO book is to post on sites with good authority in the same niche. Back-links from authority websites quickly boost the authority of your website. All you need to get started is to put efforts into finding the sites with high authority to get back-links from. Make sure you choose websites that have higher domain authority than yours. To begin with, you can start answering on QA platforms like Quora. If there’s a question posted that pertains to your brand, you can answer and post a link to the relevant content on your website.
2. Brand monitoring: When your brand grows and gets recognition, its stature goes beyond the scope of social media. There will be talks about your brand on forums, it will get mentions in blog posts and most likely be reviewed. As your digital engagement grows you have to monitor a larger content segment. To make things easier for you, there are many tools available like the Brand Monitoring Tool From SEMRush.
3. Track competition: You are benefited from tracking your competition and not your brand as well. Tracking the success of your competitors in the digital space is a great opportunity for you to learn. Look at the details of what events have worked for them. It will save you a lot of time and effort when you make decisions based on data and not just trial and error.
It takes a lot of patience and commitment to creating a great digital presence and brand recognition. Any other way that offers you the same overnight is a scam. There are many ways to pull off and build trust and authority for your brand. You can connect with thought leaders and work with micro-influencers to promote your brand.
Pay Per Click Advertising
PPC or pay per click advertising is not only for sale conversion and traffic attraction but it also aides in building a brand image. However, you need to bod for the right keywords.
1. Bid on primary keywords: Cost Per Click for primary keywords might be on the higher side but it is important that you target those keywords. Make use of branded terms and closely related keywords in your ad copy. Regular optimization will eventually improve your quality score and will help to bring down the CPC.
2. Rank for competition: It may sound counterproductive, but bidding for your competitor’s brand can give your brand a lot more exposure whenever a user searches for your competition. However, make sure you do not make use of your competitor’s name in your ad copy as it can get you penalized. If you have ads that are well written and provide more value, you can easily steal traffic that was actually looking for your competition.
3. Re-marketing: It is seldom that customers a product the very first time they see the advertisement. This is why it is important to re-market to customers who showed interest in your product. It not only keeps your brand in sight of your audience, it also shows them that you care and remember.
What’s your take?
Branding on digital channels includes Social Media, SEO and PPC. All three are linked, your positive social media engagements reflect in your SEO and improve the SERP rankings while PCC helps you create more targeted content.
You need all three to offer a seamless digital experience to your customers.